Welcome Class of 2022!
Welcome to Eastern Kentucky University!
Technology Q&A: Before Coming to School
Should I bring a computer to campus? If so, what does EKU recommend?
EKU does not require students to bring a computer to campus, however, we highly recommend one if you can afford it. More information:
-Laptop vs Desktop
-Windows vs Macs
- Should I bring a printer to campus?
- What other technology (including parts) should I bring?
- Are my devices compatible with the campus network (Wi-Fi/Ethernet)?
Before You Get to Campus
- Login to your myMail account. You can find your username and initial password in your EKU Direct account.
- Reset the initial password in EKU Direct.
- Setup your email and calendar on your computer and mobile devices.
- Be sure your computer operating system (e.g., Windows, Apple) are up-to-date.
- Backup your computer and create a backup plan for your time in school.
- Get connected to EKU IT to stay up on what's happening with your technology resources at school, including outages and mainteance: IT Twitter | IT Facebook | Geek Twitter | Geek Facebook | Geek Instagram | Geek YouTube | Geek Pinterest
Once You Arrive
- Connect to the campus wireless network. (eku_secure)
- Know where to get free computer support: IT Geeks
- Find campus computer labs and printing options.
- Find free technology training / tutoring on campus.
- Find electronics recycling stations in Geek locations!
- Get learning support for students with disabilities. Contact the Center for Student Accessibility for information about the accessibility tools available to you.