- The Makerspace at Underground Media is free for use by any EKU students and faculty.
- No food or drinks are allowed.
- Space is at a premium. We recommend reserving space or you can be asked to leave to make room for those who have.
- The patron who checks out the items will be considered the main user and is responsible for any damage or misuse of Makerspace equipment, even if a group is working on a project together.
- Clean up after yourself when you finish working.
- Be courteous, helpful, and respectful to your colleagues.
- Follow safety guidelines for all items you use. If you are unsure of that, ask a Geek at the desk.
- Ask for help when you are uncertain of what to do or how to operate.
- Proper use of equipment is expected. Geek staff has the right to end the use of any equipment if deemed that the equipment is being mishandled or used in a way that can cause damage.
- We do not allow the manufacturing of weapons of any kind or the production of parts for profit.
- Those wishing to utilize the Makerspace'e equipment must do so for lawful purposes. Users must respect the health and safety of the University community and abide by all applicable laws, including federal and state copyright and patent laws.
- If any items in the Makerspace is found to be permanently unusable or damaged condition after the patron has finished using the space, the patron will be subject to a charge that includes the price of replacing the item.
- Take responsibility for your own materials and property.
- Use the Makerspace for maker activities only.
- Report accidents and injuries immediately to the Makerspace staff.
- Respect the IT Code of Ethics
Failure to follow these rules will cause your privilege to be revoked.