Join our Team!
- Acquire valuable skills for your resume
- Resume builder
- Flexible hours
- Fun events (social, movie nights)
- Build professional relationships
- Upward mobility (Geek Coordinators)
- We look for students from all majors
- Additional financial resource - reduce necessity for student loans
- Develop a sense of community and involvement with EKU
Co-op available for some majors!
- Provide excellent customer service
- Be the face of IT for EKU students
- Be willing to learn, change and grow
- Communicate effectively
- Maintain high ethics regarding technology
- Be professional
- Be reliable and on time
- Balance academics and work
- Work well on a team and independently
- Ask questions
- Work hard
- Be proud of what you do and where you work
- Strive for excellence
Information Session. Throughout the semester we will hold information sessions so you can meet Geeks and find out what it's like to work with us.
Application Process. Review the pooled position (Requisition #: 0620383) on the EKU Jobs page. You will need to submit your resume, contact information for three (3) references, and class schedule when you apply.
To be eligible for employment as a student worker you must be eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS) *preferable* or Institutional Work-Study (IWS). This means:
-You must be enrolled in and actively attending classes on at least a half-time
-Work no more than 20 hours/week or 8 hours/day
Interview. When a position opens we contact qualified candidates to set up an in-person interview. At the interview, we will ask about your experience and qualifications. This is also a chance for you to learn about what it's like to work for us.
Hiring Decision. After we interview applicants we make job offers. Then we submit your name to EKU HR for a background check. If you pass that, you are hired by us and given a start date.
Orientation. During orientation, you will complete paperwork and learn about the rules of the road.
Training. After orientation, you will be trained for the position.
- Probation Period. All employees work initially under a 6-week probation period that includes weekly one-on-one feedback meetings with the Student Services Support Manager.